Life is good... Enjoy what you have, and forget about what you don't!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Straight Hair Theory

So I have a theory. Women with straight hair advance at a faster pace professionally and receive more attention than those with curly hair.
I have curly hair, and even though I comb it every morning, by the end of the day it's completely all over the place. It's only natural that the wave/curls have a mind of their own and do as feel, so I have accepted and moved on.
Now, sometimes, usually for special occasions, meetings, interviews... times where I feel I need to "present" myself, I will put in that extra 1.5 hour and straighten my hair. Now you wont even believe the difference in reactions I get. From family members to strangers... someone has something to say.
Ex: Christmas Eve dinner with the family, my hair is straight and pulled back into a pony tail with side swept bangs almost covering my right eye. The first thing my aunts tell me is how nice my hair color is and what a great hair cut I have. Now, the interesting part is that the color and cut they were talking about was done about a month before which they had seem me on Thanksgiving with.
Ex: At work we get contracted electricians that come in, and every morning for the past few months the same guys have been working in the hall way I come in through, and every morning I say "goodmorning". They usually will smile acknolwege me and keep on their business. Now the days I have straight hair. They will initiate the "goodmorning" and usually add an extra "great whether" or "aren't you cold"... Yeah... Interesting right?
So my theory... Technically... I have proven it. I've also noticed that the women in management (or higher) positions in the company I work for... all have straight hair.
Just my theory... thats all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home